Door blocked by fire, family escapes through window in 2:30 am fire

A family in Moore awoke to the smell of smoke just in time this past Monday. The father awoke first and he woke up his children, finding that the door was blocked by fire. The fire was discovered around 2:30 am along County Road 2599.
“The fire started in a man cave area attached to the rear of the home,” said Moore Fire Chief JD Earls. “The three occupants (a father, son, and daughter) exited through a bedroom window because the door was blocked by fire.”
Thankfully they were all able to escape safely, but the home is a total loss.
“A local resident has offered them a vacant home to stay in, to get back on their feet,” Chief Earls said.
The home has a stove and refrigerator only, so they will need all other furniture and appliances, clothing, monetary donations, etc. As far as clothing goes, they do need size 12 men’s shoes, XL men’s shirts and 32/30 men’s pants, as well as XXL women’s shirts and size 16 women’s pants.
Anyone wanting to make a donation to the family can contact JD at 830-444-6238 or drop it off at the Moore Volunteer Fire Station at 311 W. Fm 462 in Moore.
Moore VFD, Bigfoot VFD, Pearsall VFD, and Devine VFD all responded to the fire, and volunteers were on scene for as long as 4 hours.
Responding for Moore was Chief J. Earls, Asst Chief R. Perez, Captain T. Portis, Captain D. Croft, Captain C. Compton, Lt. S. Earls, FF R. Hitchcock, FF D. Valles, FF M. Pena. Responding with Bigfoot were Lt. Bobby Grubb, FF Denise Woody, and FF Dennis Woody. Responding for Devine were Austin Ehlinger, Daniel Ehlinger, Michael Saldana, Justin Olivares, and Chief Mike Walker. Thanks to all volunteer firemen for your service to our community!