On Saturday, December 4, Lytle High School hosted the Association of Texas Small School Bands (ATSSB) Region Band Auditions.
Twenty-three members of the Lytle High School Band competed against approximately 375 other band students from schools across our music region, in the first round of the All State Band audition process. Of the 23 students that auditioned, 13 earned a position in one of the two ATSSB Region Bands, which ties our LHS record for the most kids to make a Region Band. On top of that, nine of those 13 students are advancing to the second round (Area) of the All State Band audition process.
This sets a NEW SCHOOL RECORD of students advancing to the Area level of competition!
1. Victoria Garcia – Flute – Area Band Qualifier – 8th Chair Symphonic Band
2. Citlali Ferreira – Flute – Area Band Qualifier – 1st chair Concert Band
3. Cambri Davila – Flute – Area Band Qualifier – 4th chair Concert Band
4. Natalie Williams – Flute – 10th chair Concert Band
5. Melanie Ramirez – Clarinet – 2nd alternate Concert Band
6. Alexander Medina – Alto Sax – Area Band Qualifier – 3rd chair Concert Band
7. Elijah Martinez – Alto Sax – Area Band Qualifier – 5th chair Concert Band
8. Skye Granato – -Tenor Sax – Area Band Qualifier – 1st chair Symphonic Band
9. Isabella Lopez – Bari Sax – 1st alternate Concert Band
10. Mason Davila – trumpet – Area Band Qualifier – 2nd chair Symphonic Band
11. Stefan Grigsby – French Horn – Area Band Qualifier – 5th chair Symphonic Band
12. Michael Tomlinson – Trombone – Area Band Qualifier – 5th chair Concert Band
13. Michael Tomlinson – Bass Trombone – Area Band Qualifier – 2nd chair Concert Band
Contest rules allow certain students to try out on more than one instrument, but students have to choose which instrument to advance on. Michael qualified for the Area round of auditions on both instruments, but had to choose between Tenor Trombone and Bass Trombone. He chose to advance on Tenor Trombone.
We are over the moon excited for the success of these students, so please congratulate them if you see them!