The City of Lytle announced it is accepting applications for their Small Business Recovery Grant Program to the tune of $20,000 to help in the recovery of business from the Covid 19 pandemic. Deadline is August 2, 2021 to apply. Forms are available at city hall and from the chamber.
“This program was approved last night by the Lytle City Council. The Chamber endorsed the roll out of this program, and we encourage eligible businesses to apply as soon as possible,” said Mark Lovelace, Lytle Chamber of Commerce President.
“Applications must be received no later than the close of business on 2nd of August. That gives you about 6 weeks to gather the documentation you need, and submit the application,” said Lovelace.
The chamber emailed it’s members a copy of the City of Lytle’s Small Business Recovery Grant Program Application on Tuesday morning. Contact Lytle Chamber of Commerce’s Simon Garcia 830-772-6017 or Mark Lovelace 210-294-2562 if you have any questions.
The City of Lytle Grant Committee will review all applications to ensure completeness and eligibility. Applicants will receive notification of their application status within 7 – 14 business days of receipt. All applications must include a signed W-9 and 941 form (for those with employees).
Applicants employing between 1 – 8 employees are eligible for grants from $250-$750. Applicants employing between 9-15 employees are eligible for grants from $750-$1,200. If granted, payments will be made directly to the applicant to be utilized for eligible expenses.
The City of Lytle Grant Committee will accept applications until August 2, 2021.
In the event that all available funds are not granted during the initial application process, there will be a second round of applications.
Applications may be emailed to: email@example.com, dropped off at Lytle City Hall, or mailed to: City of Lytle, P.O. Box 743, Lytle, TX 78052.
Eligibility and Qualifications:
To assist businesses, the City of Lytle Grant Committee developed this program to assist small businesses that are independently owned and operated with between 1 – 15 employees. Eligible industries may include retail (storefront), food and beverage; personal care (barber shop, nail salons, spas, etc.), automobile maintenance, education training, health/wellness, art galleries and small manufacturing businesses. National chains, financial institutions, RV parks, apartment complexes, home-based businesses, permanently closed businesses, and non-profit organizations are not eligible for the grant.
Small businesses wishing to apply for the grant must meet the following criteria:
• Physical and publicly accessible location within City of Lytle limits (no home-based businesses)
• Experienced a decline in revenue and/or employment since April 1, 2020
• In good standing with City of Lytle regarding licensing and permits
• Must be registered with the Texas Comptroller’s Office as a sales tax revenue generating business for City of Lytle
• Engaged in activities that are legal under county and state law
Eligible expenses allowed under the grant program include:
• Employee support (salaries, insurance, paid leave, etc.)
• Utilities (electricity, phone/internet, etc.)
• Purchase of supplies to offer alternative business access (curbside pickup, delivery, shipping)
• Purchase of COVID-19 supplies for business/customer protection/cleaning
• Additional expenses as a result of increased cost from suppliers or alternate suppliers
• Other business needs as approved by the City of Lytle Grant Committee